- travel documents (tickets, passports, itineraries, accommodation confirmations, etc.)
- travel blanket (takes up quite a bit of room but is very lightweight)
- inflatable travel pillow
- aluminum water bottle
- snacks
- iPod
- hand sanitizer
- lotion
- Go Girl
- sleeping mask & earplugs
- bathroom kit (it's surprisingly small)
- hat (saves my fragile ego from suffering the effects of "greasy plane hair")
- easy change of clothes
"What, no reading materials?!" you ask incredulously. Sadly, no: I can't read on planes (or in any moving vehicle, for that matter). The only book I might bring in my carry-on is Top 10 Barcelona, and maybe not even that.
I also have a tiny cross-body purse as my other carry-on, which will contain my wallet, lip gloss, sunglasses, Vegan Passport, and other small but important sundries.
So, based on what I plan to take with me on the plane, I've been looking for lightweight shoulder totes that are sturdy yet fold flat and are not a pain in the ass to zip open/closed. I scored a huge beach tote (it's bigger than it looks) at Target last week that I'm fairly certain will end up being my carry-on. It's sitting on the table in our office right now, and so far everything fits in it with room to spare!
For Eric's carry-on, I will probably ask him to bring the laptop backpack, his favorite one-shoulder urban bag, or a duffel bag. (It really just depends on what size backpacker's pack we get him.) It will contain:
- netbook & charging cord
- camera
- reading materials
- sketchbook
- sleeping mask & earplugs
- travel pillow (takes up a lot of room but is very lightweight)
- bathroom kit (quite small, since I carry the bulk of it)
- easy change of clothes
- whatever I can't/don't want to fit in my carry-on
What's your favorite carry-on bag, and what do you like to bring in it for long flights?

No comments:
Post a Comment